Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update on Thursday!

Sometimes we get thrown "curve balls" and we have no choice but to deal with it! I'm sorry that I have to keep posting updates regarding the event on Thursday, but the information keeps changing and I it's my responsibility to get the information out to you. I have no explanation or answers as to why things have changed, but the fact is they have, and we have to adjust.

Here is what we found out today when we did our "walk thru" down at the Convention Center:


  • This event is NOT open to the public! This is a special event for invited guests and dignitaries only. I know several of you were hoping to attend, but I was told there will be plenty of media coverage and for parents to "tune in" to your local news. I'm sorry!
  • They are NOT providing lunch free to the band students. Cornerstone will have extra meals ready if the band students would like to purchase them, as the some of the student body does on Thursdays. The cost is $3.00.

The band students will be dismissed at 10:30 a.m. to load the equipment truck, change and eat lunch. Then they will be transported in two groups (since we only have one bus available) down to the convention center by 12:15 - 12:30 p.m.

They should be back at the school by the end of the day dismissal.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me in the high school office.